Check back often for new promotions and Health Tips.
Health Tips from Dr. Richard Rhoden
Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer frequently throughout your day, to best prevent common infections.
To help prevent circulation problems in legs and feet, elevate them when seated and wear support socks and stockings.
Treat yourself to a professional massage, with proven benefits for back pain, anxiety, blood pressure and the immune system
- Traditional holiday food is full of unhealthy fat, sugar and salt. Unless on a medical diet, you can enjoy small portions as a special treat and use tasty FlavorDoctor to replace salt.
- Follow your doctor’s vaccination recommendations for you and your children; failure to vaccinate is increasing deadly diseases worldwide!
- Holiday food is often full of too much salt; use salt-free FlavorDoctor for a healthier, tastier holiday meal.
- Children should be limited to 2 hours of electronic screen time daily since too much smartphone, computer and TV time adds to problems with social skills and thinking.
- Avoid antibacterial soaps; they lead to drug-resistant germs and are no better than regular soap.
- Eating more legumes, such as beans, peas and lentils, helps fight high blood pressure, heart disease and diabetes.
- Gum disease has been linked to heart disease, says gum specialist Dr. Deming, so ask your dentist to check gums routinely.
- Everyone over the age of 6 months needs a flu shot now from your doctor, pharmacy or Heath department.
- Live your longest, healthiest life by getting adequate sleep and regular exercise, eating 6 small meals daily, and practicing moderation.
- Fresh corn is a healthy, low-calorie source of protein, fiber and other nutrients, if you skip the butter and salt.
Eat more whole grain and bran foods for fiber that helps bowel regularity and lowers blood sugar and cholesterol.
News and Media